Google Tag

Friday, June 30, 2017

Bucket Babe: Terushka Venkatsamy


As Winter strengthens its grip around the nation with its icy claws, its time for us to warm things up on the blog with another installment of the Bucket Babe. This month's featured beauty hails from the warm waters of the East Coast and coincidentally grew up in my neighborhood and schooled at the same school as me. She went on to complete her studies in Fashion design and upon a work trip was scouted and trusted into the modeling world. Since then she's been featured in a number of publications, local and abroad and has even dabbled in a bit of acting which she looks to further her career in. She's got a great taste in cars, fashion, music and food, especially when it comes to sandwiches, anyway that's enough from me, I'll let her take it from here. 

Terushka Venketsamy



Bio

My name is Terushka Venkatsamy, born in Durban, based in Cape Town most of the year and travel for work. I studied a BA in Fashion and design, it was for women-wear design, I got scouted in India whilst on a trip to buy textiles, to a model and did a random casting and there-after was selected for a reality TV show called 'The Hunt For the Kingfisher Calendar Girl', then the rest as they say is history. I studied acting in Cape Town for 2 years and it is a huge passion of mine. I have signed with international agencies, modeled in Turkey, Mumbai, Hong Kong and Prague for magazines, catalogue, lingerie, commercials for several brands including EY, Merrel, Triumph, Kellogs, Castle Lite, Carling, BMW and many stills.



I love to run, do yoga, boxing, hiking, adventure related activities such as road trips, I also love to cook, watch movies and series, Some of my other passions are writing, reading, travel, cultures, fine dining and cuisine, humanitarian work, fashion, design, architecture, interiors...all things design orientated regarding line, texture, colour and form. 


I'm a foreign English language teacher, a beautiful way to get involved in community work/ humanitarian work and I love working with kids. I also run shot rentals and involved in  property in Cape Town. Future goals would be to start another business, to teach English in Panama, live in LA, climb Machu Picchu and have a girls Europe trip with my sister Himarsha Venkatsamy and my two best friends, Lauren and Sulshine...probably to Ibiza and Barcelona!





Links

livdeklerk


Q&A


1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • 1971 Jaguar XKE.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • Toasted steak, chips, chill, cheese sandwich OR do they make a mutton bunny sandwich ;). 
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Butter and salt.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • W Mag, I.D or the face of some fabulous fragrance band ;)
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • Full time executive in sexy suits and Louboutins.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • My parents...dynamic, humble and open minded .
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • Available with a dash of romance.
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • Balmain, D&G.
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • Hip Hop and R&B from the 90's.
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • Ibiza.


























No comments:

Post a Comment