Google Tag

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Bucket Babe: Matachley Salmon

2017 seems to be wasting little time as we're already in March, while the summer heat still continues warm most parts of the country, the heat on the blog is equally scorching and that is mainly thanks to our featured model. She's been burning up the ramps in Europe, walking for various designers and she returned back to SA to continue staking her claim on the catwalk at the local fashion weeks. While still young she's accomplished a lot in her career so far and strives to do more and in turn pass on her knowledge to young aspiring models. She loves to eat and can make a mean sandwhich, not mention has good taste in cars too but let me keep quiet and let her tell you more...

Matachley Salmon

Tim Hulme Photography
Bio

I'm 22, born and raised in Pretoria, and currently a full time model based in Johannesburg. I've traveled abroad to Portugal, Milan and Singapore. My career came about when I was one of the Top 10 finalists in the 2013 Elite Model Look competition, where I was offered my international contract.

I've walked in Portugal and Lisbon fashion week abroad and locally I've walk in South Africa fashion week and Mercedes-Benz Africa, Johannesburg and Cape Town fashion week. Fashion week is my favorite time of the year. Locally I've done a few small campaigns, editorials, features and shoots such as Top Billing, MTN, DeKat magazine, SABC Trendz, People Magazine, Suzaan Heyns and I do quite a few runway shows. I was voted one of the Top 25 new faces of Joburg in 2015 by Gaschette. In 2015 I had the privilege of walking for Carolina Herrra for her Breast Cancer awareness show in SA and had the honor of meeting her. That's somewhat of my career in a nutshell. 


Tim Hulme Photography
My hobbies include trying out new restaurants, food markets and cooking (I love eating!), shopping, watching movies/ series, playing games  like board and card games, and drinking wine!

Goals for the future is to be a runway and events producer, and marketer. I want to incorporate my love for the industry with producing. I'd love to have my own model academy one day, to coach young aspiring models and share my knowledge and experience about the industry. 

I'm currently taking part in the World Swimsuit competition and will appreciate all votes and support, you can vote for me by following this link: Profile: Matachley Salmon


Merwelne van der Merwe for Top Billing and DeKat Magazine

Links

MatachleyMatachley Salmon@matachley

Q&A


1. Hot girls and hot cars go hand in hand, what ride would you like to  see yourself in?
  • Definitely the BMW 1 series coupe, but I think it's call the 2 series now.
2. What sandwich are you most likely to make for me? and will it be toasted or plain?
  • Ham, cream cheese and basil on some health bread with lots of black pepper, I'm obsessed. Toasted for sure!
3. Everyone loves popcorn (well I think they do) what is your topping/ sprinkle of choice?
  • Oh yes popcorn is my favorite snack. At home I put Himalayan salt on (health conscious( but when I decided to cheat a little my choice is sour cream and chives.
4. Dream cover shoot?
  • Vogue or Harper's Bazaar
5. If given a choice, full time model or full time executive, what would you choose?
  • Full time model.
6. Growing up you must have had someone you aspired to be, so who is your role model?
  • My mom, she's the ultimate mom and has inspired me so much growing up.
7. Anyone holding that hand yet? or is it available?
  • Yes, happily for 3 years now and still going strong.
8. Obviously being a female you would love fashion. Favourite label/ designer?
  • Favorite design is Balmain and Elie Saad, and my favorite label to wear would be Topshop and River Island.
9. What type of music gets your booty shaking?
  • I'm a bit weird when it comes to music, I'm a fan of so many different genres, but deep house and house music is my booty shaking music.
10. Which city is your dream party destination?
  • Ibiza or Mykonos!!



Tim Hulme Photography


Tim Hulme Photography


Tim Hulme Photography


SDR Photo for MBFW Jhb


Tim Hulme Photography


Planet Ivan for SAFW


Troy Lee


Tim Hulme Photography


Troy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment